Protecting Your Privacy
We are committed to providing you with the highest level of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) consultancy service. This includes protecting your privacy.
Set out below is information that we are required to communicate to our clients. We recommended that you keep this information for future reference.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, via business cards, or when you communicate with us in writing or via email;
- from third parties such as persons within your current or past employment, persons who have had contact with you in your roles with current or past employers;
- from publicly available sources of information; or
- when you visit our website.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous business addresses, current and previous employers, current and previous work roles, work or private telephone or mobile numbers, work or private email addresses. We may also hold details of your current and
previous involvement with InterSafe when we have provided you with our products or services. If you have enrolled in one of InterSafe’s nationally recognised training courses we also
hold details of your attainment of competency. We may also hold certain details about your personal interests. Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about other members of your organisation). Is so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and if necessary, to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide the OH&S consultancy services you require;
- administer and manage those OH&S consultancy services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the OH&S consultancy services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our OH&S consultancy services; and
- gain an understanding of your OH&S needs in order for us to provide you with a better OH&S consultancy service.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease aquiring OH&S consultancy services from us. If you do not wish us to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers, please call +61 7 3895 8111.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
In order to deliver the OH&S consultancy services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of InterSafe. Your personal information is disclosed to those organisations only in relation to us providing our OH&S consultancy services to you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your current employer or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name, employer, role, telephone numbers or work address.